Do people not know about mapquest? Craigslist rant.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tonini3059, Jan 18, 2010.

1. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    I am selling some chickens on craigslist so for the area i put my zip code because when I look at ads I always type in the zip or area into mapquest and see how far away they are. I've had 5 people ask where I was located. I live in a small town called Smithton, so when I tell them they are like where is that at, they I give them a few surrounding towns and they still have no clue. Finally I was like just type it in map quest. Then someone who was like third in line wanted my direct address, not just the town! I was like if the other two fall through then I will give you my address, but until then it is just in Smithton. I hate selling stuff on Craigslist! I just really wonder about some people.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I just recently used map quest for the first time. Very handy! As far as Craigs List, it makes me nervous too. Hubby sold a rototiller and the guy was coming from a different town. I asked hubby if he could set the meeting for when he would be home or his Dad could be here. He looked at me as if I had lost ALL of my marbles instead of the few I admit too [​IMG] We live out in the middle of nowhere. There are no neighbors and you just never know about people. So I totally understand not giving out your addy until you have too.

3. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    "My husband has asked I meet people at __________, as he worries about me giving out the house address, I'm sure you'll understand."

This will make sence to the sane people, and the nutty ones who keep insisting to see your home, ignore.

4. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    I had people ask me where I was located even though I put the name of our town in the ad. [​IMG]

5. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    first thing i do when looking on craigslist is check where the seller lives.. That way if it its too far I just dont respond to the post... Something I live by, most people are idiots..

6. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    [​IMG] dont shoot hear me out first [​IMG]

Sometimes when I am on certain computers or when I am surfing the net on my Ipod and even my blackberry sometimes... I cant access mapquest. It takes way to long to download because of the ads and the map that they include with the directions.

maybe they are using a library computer (our libraries, unless you pay for complete access you can only get into text sites like for job searching... you need to pay a small fee to have total access to the internet)

and finally do you know how many times I have gotten lost because I used mapquest and even my GPS... (for the record... my home address cant not be googled, mapquested or GPSed they say I dont exist. Funny thing is my house is 150 yrs old and has stood on the same foundation the whole time)

yes there are the ppl who are to lazy to look for them selves... but its not always the case

7. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Quote:Google maps doesn't have those ads, and I much prefer it.

And yes, I know what you mean. I live on an island. If someone is driving, it's gonna cost them about 25 dollars and 1.5 hours round trip, just for the ferry. If they want to drive around and take the bridge on the back side of the island, it's going to take them almost 2 hours one way. So even if I have something listed for free, it's not free for anyone that lives in the city. I try very hard to be clear, but some people are idiots.

8. tonini3059

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    Quote:Lol I won't shoot, I give directions once I know for sure that the person is coming, but until then they do not need to know where I live. I make sure someone is here when outside people come, plus I let them think my dog is mean! The only thing he would kill anybody is with kisses or his weight by sitting on you! It just gets so irritating cause then I have listed #for sale, breed, sex (even though they are all hens), $, age yet people ask these questions. How old is the cochin is it a female etc etc... Do they read the whole post?

9. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Quote:Lol I won't shoot, I give directions once I know for sure that the person is coming, but until then they do not need to know where I live. I make sure someone is here when outside people come, plus I let them think my dog is mean! The only thing he would kill anybody is with kisses or his weight by sitting on you! It just gets so irritating cause then I have listed #for sale, breed, sex (even though they are all hens), $, age yet people ask these questions. How old is the cochin is it a female etc etc... Do they read the whole post?

Lol... do they read the who post... that comment made me laugh. I ask myself the same question about every internet communication.

10. tonini3059

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    That is very true!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by