Do Spitzhaubens come in any other color besides silver spangled?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by mom2chicksandpups, Jun 10, 2009.

1. mom2chicksandpups

mom2chicksandpups Songster

Apr 18, 2009
    Southeast Alabama
    I have 2 with the black spots on white, which I am told is "silver spangled." I saw a picture of a solid black spitz somewhere, I thought. Does anyone know if they come in other colors besides spangled? Do you have any photos?

2. jimnjay

jimnjay Songster

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Spitzhabuens are a black and white breed butin the UK there is a pure black bird in this breed. "Feathersite" show only the Spangled bird and the following description is given. "proper plumage markings are black-tipped feathers, rather than the larger moonlike spangles found on Hamburgs. In the UK there is also a Black version of this breed"

3. mom2chicksandpups

Apr 18, 2009
    Southeast Alabama
    Maybe that's the picture I saw when I was searching one day. I love the 2 that I have. They will climb up on anything and are very friendly and curious. My husband built me a nice 3-tiered roost and these 2 gals love to sit at the very top.

4. lilchick

lilchick Songster

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    Yes they come in the golden laced variety also. Gold with the black running thru it..

5. mom2chicksandpups

Apr 18, 2009
    Southeast Alabama
    I would love to see one with a gold laced pattern. I did a google search a few days ago and only saw the ones like I have, except the one head shot of a black one. These are 2 of my favorite pullets, so I wish they came in more colors. They are so pretty and mild-tempered. I will have to show off some pictures of them soon.

6. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Songster

Appenzeller Spitzhauben some in silver spangled, gold spangled & black in UK.

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:I AGREE THERE! [​IMG]

8. allen wranch

allen wranch Crowing

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    Here is what a gold spangled Spitz looks like. So far, only the silver spangled are available in the US. However, there may be some coming out soon.

[​IMG]

9. mylilchix

mylilchix Songster

Quote:I love your spitz!! I have a silver spangled pullet and she a sweetie. Wish I could find a gold, they're beautiful.

Sonja

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I do too, they are beautiful birds!

There WAS a guy on Eggbid that had some but he was crossing with the Silver Spangled roo over golden spangled pullets.

I dont know if they were crossed with Brabanters but heck, try them out!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: