Do Spitzhaubens come in any other color besides silver spangled?

mom2chicksandpups

Songster
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
Southeast Alabama
I have 2 with the black spots on white, which I am told is "silver spangled." I saw a picture of a solid black spitz somewhere, I thought. Does anyone know if they come in other colors besides spangled? Do you have any photos?

jimnjay

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Bryant Alabama
Spitzhabuens are a black and white breed butin the UK there is a pure black bird in this breed. "Feathersite" show only the Spangled bird and the following description is given. "proper plumage markings are black-tipped feathers, rather than the larger moonlike spangles found on Hamburgs. In the UK there is also a Black version of this breed"

mom2chicksandpups

Songster
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
Southeast Alabama
Maybe that's the picture I saw when I was searching one day. I love the 2 that I have. They will climb up on anything and are very friendly and curious. My husband built me a nice 3-tiered roost and these 2 gals love to sit at the very top.

mom2chicksandpups

Songster
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
Southeast Alabama
I would love to see one with a gold laced pattern. I did a google search a few days ago and only saw the ones like I have, except the one head shot of a black one. These are 2 of my favorite pullets, so I wish they came in more colors. They are so pretty and mild-tempered. I will have to show off some pictures of them soon.

allen wranch

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
San Marcos, TX
Here is what a gold spangled Spitz looks like. So far, only the silver spangled are available in the US. However, there may be some coming out soon.

EweSheep

Flock Mistress
13 Years
Jan 12, 2007
Land of Lincoln
I do too, they are beautiful birds!

There WAS a guy on Eggbid that had some but he was crossing with the Silver Spangled roo over golden spangled pullets.

I dont know if they were crossed with Brabanters but heck, try them out!

Top Bottom