do the girls get upset if you change their coop?

shend

Chirping
12 Years
Sep 16, 2010
west michigan
After some months with the coop I designed, I can see where I can make many improvements. I'm thinking of building another one and moving them in before winter.

Will they be very confused? Do they take change well? This is my first chicken raising experience. Got my girls in March

I have two coops, winter and summer. My chickens don't appreciate being moved, although they settle in nicely. After I move them, I keep them locked in the coop for about a week so they know where home is. Works very well. I haven't had them try to return to the other coop yet.

Quote:
I agree.

Chickens hate change, but they do settle down quickly. (I also have 2 coops) If they are laying, you may want to save up some eggs first, sometimes they stop laying when you change their surroundings.

I just built new roosts 4 days ago and they are still hudoooed! Didnt even wanna go in that first or second night. Just ROOSTS, and added new hay. Mine are 3 yrs old and have been on same roost all their life, I had to put the old one back the next day.

pam in TX

Mine are 22 weeks and they didn't seem to care when we just moved everything, leveled the chicken yard and started construction on the walk in run. They all still laid, they just had to find the coop again. I'm sure they'll settle in quickly and the new improvements will be nice!

Back
Top Bottom