Do the nubs just do enough

Do the nubs mean anything

• Do they mean anything

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Or no

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Apr 7, 2018
I have just recently bought 3 strait runs and 3 bantams. When the guy give them to me he said “Now I won’t be able to tell if these are roosters or hens”, that made me wonder how can I tell.

I got to looking at the chickens and I started to notice some had little nubs on their area and some didn’t

Does this mean anything

I look forward to hear your responses

Gray Farms

Conserve Heritage Breed Livestock
Premium member
Apr 11, 2016
NW Missouri
First we need to know what you are referring to. No part of a chicken is called a "nub". Need to be more specific or post a picture.

Crazy for Chickens!

Free Ranging
Jun 9, 2017
NW Missouri
@TheChickMaster558
Are you referring to spur buds, on the legs?
If so, those do not have anything to do with gender, until around six months, when males start growing them out. And even then, some females have longer spurs.
You can post pics of their combs at six weeks, for gender.
If you would like to know their breed, you can post pics of their bodies, combs, And feet/legs in natural daylight. We will see what we can tell you.

Apr 7, 2018
I have just recently bought 3 strait runs and 3 bantams. When the guy give them to me he said “Now I won’t be able to tell if these are roosters or hens”, that made me wonder how can I tell.

I got to looking at the chickens and I started to notice some had little nubs on their area and some didn’t

Does this mean anything

I look forward to hear your responses

When I am talking about a nub I am meaning it winkie

Top Bottom