do these look like Scovie babies to you?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Crittercrzy, May 15, 2010.

1. Crittercrzy

Crittercrzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2009
    NE Tennessee
    Last edited: May 15, 2010
  2. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Definetly Muscovies!

3. kitkatbahr

kitkatbahr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    Merritt Island, FL
    They are sooooo cute! The yellow one will be white and the brown one will maybe be chocolate? Not sure. I know there are experienced scovy people here. I had two that were yellow with black caps on their heads and they ended up white with black caps. And my brown one is now chocolate so....

Whatever, they sure are very, very cute!!

Have fun with them.

4. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Yep, scovies [​IMG] Im no expert by far - but that little yellow one might turn blue... Ive never seen a white duck with a dark bill. And the other might be a chocolate. Scovies are so goofy because they change colors as they age.

5. kitkatbahr

kitkatbahr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    Merritt Island, FL
    Quote:Oh, good point. I think my yellow scovies had light colored bills. I'd have to go hunt through their baby pics from last year to see.

6. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I adopted ten scovie babies last august - 2 weeks old - and all had pink bills and blue eyes [​IMG]

7. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

The yellow with dark bill is a barred. You can tell by the color on the end of it's tail what color it's going to be. There isn't much showing in the second pic. but fm the itty bitty bit I do see I'm thinking black barred. Blue barred look like a light grey along the back edge.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by