Do these really work? see pic

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by farmgirlie1031, May 2, 2008.

1. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    http://i8.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/ec/9b/766a_1.JPG

I
    see them all over ebay. I want to try hatching eggs and since I have never done it before I want to start out small and cheaply in case my hatch fails. i don't want a hatch failure due to a product that doesn't work but at the same time i don't want to invest a lot at this time either. Doe that make sence? I want something that works but doesn't cost a lot.

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    From what I've heard..... no. they don't work.

But if you look around, you will find many instructions for homemade bators that will be more reliable (if done right) then those yellow ones and still not cost a lot to make.

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  3. farmgirlie1031

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Quote:Thanks. Like your art too:) I'm on several sites trying to sale my photos but not artwanted. I'll have to check it out more.

4. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    dont buy it. By the time you buy this one and pay for S&H on the bator and eggs and fail you are out a lot of money. Id rather buy a 1602N from GQF.

5. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I've never sold anything through Artwanted except ACEO's. Most of what I have sold has been through Cafepress. Both are free sites, with some constraints of course. But at least you can see if you like it before you subscribe to a full account with premium options.

Glad you liked my work. Where's yours at.. I'd like to see it [​IMG]

6. JordanFamily

JordanFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    I bought one on ebay...it cost me over $20 after shipping and for just a few dollars more you can get one from your Family Center or Tractor supply that is much better. I did try to use it and it sucks! It does not keep the temp up to where it needs to be and there is no way to check the humidity. I would'n't feel right even selling mine to someone... I'll give you mine for free if you want. Just pay $5 for shipping. Kristina 816-331-2771
    [​IMG]

7. farmgirlie1031

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
  8. farmgirlie1031

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Quote:If it does work I don't think I even want it for just $5. I saw some at Blain's Farm and Fleet for $30 that are on ebay for like $60 so I'll get that one. But, thanks for the offer.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by