1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Do they all grow up ...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gabrielle1976, Mar 4, 2009.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    And become less freindly , I dont play with my chicks alot but I hold and talk to them at least a few minutes 2 or 3 times a day , when they were little little they would peep when i picked them up but calm down and hang out iwht me seconds later, now they dont like me much they dont relax anymore. DO all chickens do this when they grow up?

2. crazyhen

crazyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Mine went through a stage that they were less trusting. but now that they are about to lay they are getting more friendly again. I take a slice of loaf bread or other hand held snack with me to the coop and they flock to me. Now even when I don't take the food they come running to me. Keep up the contact. Jean

3. debakadeb

debakadeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I think each chicken is just different. Out of my current five, one is very friendly and loves to be held. All five will come see me to be petting but only one really likes to be held. Another will hop up in the chair with me if I sit out there long enough. That is simply curiosity though.

4. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    What kind do you have?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by