do they do good...?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by alex, Oct 29, 2007.

1. alex

alex Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Does anybuddy know what breed of chicken (hens) does great with a silkie hen, i meen that it wont peck my silkie and it will be sweet and tame and really nice to me to...?? i need to buy a friend for my silkie and i just don't know wich breed to buy...thanks..
    -alex-

2. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    I've read that orpingtons are pretty easy to get along with. Mine seem very mild mannered and sweet to the Polish I have

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    My BO's are really gentle, we don't have silkies though, but the BO's let the kids pick em up and carry them around, they're very sweet...

4. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I've heard polish chickens do good with silkies but I just keep my silkie hen with all the other chickens.

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I keep my last silkie with the other birds. She lives with cochins and leghorns, and other mixes. Any type of hen will work. Good luck!

6. MS9325

MS9325 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    mine live with my old english game bantams, and all my OEGB hens are very gentle, but talkative.

7. domromer

domromer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2007
    Flagstaff,AZ
    I have Buffs, The must be atypical for the breed. The oder they get the wilder they are. I have to put them in their pen every morning. It's like trying to catch roadrunners. They stared off all sweet and quite. I wonder why the change.

8. alex

alex Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    those are standards right?? i can only buy a bantam...any bantams that do good with silkies??

9. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    cochin maybe

10. JudyMcKinn

JudyMcKinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    How about another Silkie??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by