Do they look like they're gettin close to laying???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Mrsfoote, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Mrsfoote

Mrsfoote Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Girls will be 19 weeks next week

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  2. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    How old are your girls? They look a lot younger than mine did when they started to lay. Mine really filled out before they started and had more developed combs/waddles.

3. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I think the combs and faces will be BLOOD red when they are close, at least that's my experience [​IMG] You will notice the difference I am sure but they seem still pretty orange/pinkish [​IMG] What breeds? They are beautiful

4. Mrsfoote

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    The one in the majority of the pics is my Light Brahma Lucy the black one is Rosie she's an Austrolorp? and the tan one is butter cop my bantam sized Buff Brahma her combs and wattles are REALLY red

5. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Two of my girls are redder in the face than yours and they are not laying yet [​IMG] Your child is adorable!

6. Taylor

Taylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    looks like you have a while 2 go yet. [​IMG] my isa-browns are 24 weeks old and just now finding a egg, their combs are really big and red but they're not old enough yet, good luck!!!

7. Mrsfoote

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    AHHHHHHHHHHHH I Don't want to wait anymore [​IMG] And my son he is a littler terror but thank you i think he is pretty cute too he loves the chickens. Even my one year old is starting to call the chicks she sits there and says chick chicks

8. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    You know that whole "watched pot" thing... A watched hen never lays [​IMG] The second pic is priceless, The grin on your sons face warms my heart [​IMG]

9. Mrsfoote

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    Yea He likes her Lucy is a sassy little sh!t she talks back constantly apparently she has a lot to say so he always asks mom can I go talk to lucy

10. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    Brahmas can be well over 6 months old when they start to lay, so don't hold your breath just yet.

The faces will be a lot redder and the birds quite a bit bigger before they start.....but they will.

Sandie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by