Do they smell it is Sunday?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by eliseswart, Dec 15, 2014.

1. eliseswart

eliseswart Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2013
    France
    Every Sunday I make pancakes for every living creature, the family, dogs, cats and yes, the chickens. As soon as I start baking, the whole lot starts peeping through the window, althought they're not supposed to walk in the front garden, let alone climb the garden seat in front of the window.

Well, it's my own fault. They're so cute.
    [​IMG]

2. Free as a Bird

Free as a Bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2014
    New England
    That is so cute! Your chickens must love you!

3. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Can I come over for breakfast???

4. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    This is a great photo! Do the chickens prefer their pancakes plain or with syrup, fruit, etc.?

5. eliseswart

eliseswart Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2013
    France
    Hahaha, no, just nature pancakes. I now give the neighbours' chickens their share as well and they love it and come running to me from everywhere. My French neighbour never gave her chickens treats like this before and she always had trouble getting them back into their roost, until I arrived. It's of course a question of conditioning, but we, the crazy ones, call it LOVE. I don't think the chickens agree.

She is an old-fashioned farmer and loves to see me handle my chickens, me, being a city girl and never had chickens before in my life. She took 4 of my Brahmas and now spoils them like I do. It is a joy to see.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by