1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Do turkey eggs get incubated like chicken eggs

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by gabrielle1976, Apr 8, 2009.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I got a turkey and a goose egg with my chicken eggs I won, I was wondering if all you talanted and insightfull people could fill me in on the best methods of keeping these guys perky in the bator.

I alos have 21 quail eggs left of the 24 3 are fixed with wax , I had to look tonight and could tell at least 8 with viens this is day 3 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  2. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

deleted

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  3. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    yeah I have my goose egg in with the quail eggs right now at about 50ish humidity, as soon as my last set of chicken eggs is out Ill up the humidity to 60% and then after the quail hatch the goos will get its own perfect eviroment.
    so turkey eggs take 28 days , thats good to know so I wont freak out afeter all my chickens hatch and the turkey eggs still in there
    These eggs will be in a LG forced air with atuo turner Im gonna do my best to keep it at 99.5ish
    This is a hatch project for my son's preschool class so I really hope everythng works out .

4. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

deleted

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by