Do turkeys catch colds; sneeze runny nose?

laturcotte1

Songster
9 Years
May 22, 2010
Just as I was walking out of Jacks coop he sneezed, just a tiny little bit but it was definately a sneeze. I got up closer and sure enough he has a runny nose. Do they catch the common cold or could this be the start of something worse. Is there something I can give him now before it gets worse. If it gets worse what should i do? I turned his heat lamp on in case he wants to get under it. If my kids could hear me they'd say, "You'd tell us to buck up, shake it off."
big_smile.png

I know for sure that Chickens catch colds, so yes I would be 99.999% sure that Turkeys can too. Usually with chickens, I give tonic/apple cider vinegar in their water etc... this helps them to fight it off. Hope that helps. x

I know for sure that Chickens catch colds, so yes I would be 99.999% sure that Turkeys can too. Usually with chickens, I give tonic/apple cider vinegar in their water etc... this helps them to fight it off. Hope that helps. x
Thanks so much. How much apple cider vinegar per gallon? What is tonic? Again thanks so much for resonding.

Just gave it to him last night. I bought the ACV and couldn't open it, literally, I couldn't open it. waited for my husband to come home and he had to saw the bottle (plastic) open, luckily it wasn't glass. I swear they super glued the top on. So I just got it into his water late last night after he was in bed. His first dose was probably this morning.

Back
Top Bottom