Do we have a hatchery consumer report or can one be set up?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by sugarbush, Feb 17, 2009.

1. sugarbush

sugarbush Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Lexington KY
    I think it would be benificial for people if this site had a hatchery experience rating system. Not like a thread, but a place where hatcheries can be listed and people can rate them based on experience.

Just a thought

2. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    The problem with that is creating an agenda that's fair to the commercial hatcherys that already have a great support group from their happy and satisfied customers.

Problems like dead chicks upon arrival is the post offices problems as well as the customer for orderering so early in spring ( cold weather ), when those problems could be avoided in the first place, with some good common sense.

I think all the large successful hatcheries are just that, because of the great job they are all doing, it's their passion, and don't need a bashing, in my opinion.

Keeping this subject, nothing but positive, is the only way this thread could work?

I'm not sure that's possible?

bigzio

3. chiknlady

chiknlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    SE PA
  4. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    I dont understand why there are no hatcheries down here in the south...its warmer here....

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I'm sure the fireants would be part of the problem. [​IMG]

6. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    what would fireants have to do with chicks?

7. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    OH yeah... I remember someone mentioning having her quail decimated by fireants... they're vicious!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by