Do we have a "Spouse of Chicken Addicts Support Group"???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cozycritters, Dec 16, 2008.

1. cozycritters

cozycritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    [​IMG]
    If not, I think we need one... my poor hubby. We're moving around the time our eggs should hatch and it's a problem, because we have a HOA here that forbids chickens and he's worried that we'll be found out. Never mind that I hatched about 50 last year, including eight geese... had to home them, of course...

He says I have an egg problem.

So, do we have a support group for the understanding (or slightly less so) spouses???

2. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    Once my DH hears the peeps in the bator hatching on New Years Eve....he is gonna re-home ME. He needs a support group.

Is there a foundling home for us addicted hatchers? If not lets add it to our list of "have tos" as well OK? maybe one of our extreme coop builders can build us one. Kinda like a farm rehab.[​IMG]

I'm gonna tell him they were a Christmas present and see if I can get away with that logic. [​IMG]

3. cozycritters

cozycritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    I have the excuse that we had just eaten my MILs rooster and I wanted to see what a Golden Comet/Blue Hamburg would look like [​IMG] (I liked my rooster (he was mine) but he was dumb as a post and very very loud... so we ate him)

Of course, two days after we set the eggs we found out I'm pregnant, so... broody? Is that my excuse???

4. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    I think my hubby could use this, too [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by