Do you buy gifts for your pets?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Zahboo, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I am considered weird for this LOL. I buy my dogs things for every holiday, Valentines, Easter, Birthday, Christmas, ect. They don't get a lot, usually stuff from Target and the Dollar tree.

This years basket. This is one of the dog basket. The rats got chew blocks, a new hammock and treats. Chicks got crickets worms and a new feeder. Dogs got these. Each one got a different shirt, collar, and treats. Here is one for Paisley, who I haven't gotten yet, but will be getting Good Friday. Her's is green, Grace's is pink, Junior's is blue and Bella has orange.
    [​IMG]
    Edit to add list of contents:
    T shirt that says "Tree Hugger" and has an earth on it- Target $1
    Collar and leash, argyle print- Dollar Tree $2
    Chew bone- Dollar Tree $1
    People Crackers- Dollar Tree $1
    Toys- Dollar Tree $2
    There are 2 treats in there, bought a whole box for a dollar.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2009
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

When I had a dog I always bought them treats and toys for the holidays. The cats get catnip toys at Christmas. The chickens get all the nearly rotted food they can eat year round!

3. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Sure am glad I am not the only one!

4. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    This is a relief. I'm not the only one [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I am sure that us three are not the only ones. I even buy baby carrots for the rabbit. She is spoiled as are the rest of our animals. Feathered and furred.

6. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Most of the time i do. But usually if i see something cute and its not too expensive buy it. I love spoiling them.

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    yup, my brats get presents.....its a big production here every x-mas...them opening their own gifts..then one will steal the others gift... yeah...its a riot! [​IMG]....and they even have their own stockings also..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    We tried one year letting Grace open her christmas present. We regret that. The next year she though " OH I have SOOOOO many presents" We came home one day to see all the presents ripped open. She did find her bones though... and my laptop [​IMG]

9. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Yep, I buy gifts for the pets. Last year, my husband wrapped the dog's christmas gifts. My gifts were in a plastic bag LOL

[​IMG]

But, how can you resist it? They love their new toys..
    [​IMG]

10. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I buy neighbor's, friend's, and coworker's pets gifts at Christmas. No one really thinks it's weird. I think. Maybe behind my back, hmmm.
    Oh well, my chickens are cooler than their pets. [​IMG]

imp-I have at least 100 cat toys under the entertainment center. Too lazy to move it, so I just buy more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by