Do You drive a KIA Soul????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bald k9, Jul 25, 2010.

1. bald k9

bald k9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    Hello all ,Do you drive a kia soul and if you do how well does it do on the highway, I have a45 min ride each way to work and back and was wondering how bouncy or how stiff or how jerky they are once you get used to it being a new car, i think they are really kool looking ,but i tend to have back flare ups and if it is to bumpy or hard hitting,or jarring it will have to be off my list, also how is the mpg on these thanks for your input

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have never ridden in one, but though I think some of the KIAs are good looking, I couldn't drive a car whose name meant "Killed In Action", LOL. I think most small cars ride bumpier than large ones, but hopefully someone will give you a review soon.

3. bald k9

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
    i did notice some older people driving them so i am hoping they arent that bad as i am only 41 but they still look neat and i could surley use the space in back for all my treasures[junk] that i like to bring home

4. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:I am not familiar with that particular car, but we rented a Nissan Rogue for a recent 1,000+ mile road trip, and were very pleased with it. It handled well, gave a smooth ride, and plenty of room in the back for luggage and junk. We spent A LOT of time in it- 2 adults and 3 teenagers. Even having to spend the night in it one unfortunate night. (i don't recommend that) The gas mileage was decent as well. Good luck with finding the right car for you!

5. card5640

card5640 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Bangor area, Maine
    Daughter bought a lime green one and we love it its a great passenger ride.

6. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Quote:You need a bumpy ride to haul LOTS of treasures. Get one of these.... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. bald k9

Sep 5, 2009
    Rural Edwardsville
  8. azmotogirl

azmotogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    We just got one on the 16th of July. "alien green" So far I am really enjoying it. I haven't done lots of highway driving yet but they have great deals on leases right now. Might be worth checking out.

9. Eliza

Eliza Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2008
    Lisbon, CT
    DH is in the automotive repair industry and does not recommend them as any kind of good deal. don't last, resale value is poor, etc. find a nice used honda civic, toyota anything, subaru. I drive a 97 Toyota Rav4 and with 208k it's still going!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  10. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    I drive a diesel VW Jetta wagon. It gets 42 MPG on the highway with an amazing ride. If you can swing it; it's the way to go.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by