Do you ever feel lonely...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Chickerdoodle13, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    ...even when you are completely surrounded by people?

I guess maybe I'm feeling a bit homesick lately, or maybe because all my girlfriends have been preoccupied with dates and boys, or maybe it is because my classes are too easy, but I've been feeling kind of lonely lately.

This is my last semester in college and a good majority of the people I knew have already graduated. My friends have fairly difficult class schedules and are usually pretty busy. I try to keep myself busy with volunteering, work, going to the gym, and doing stuff on campus. There is a formal dance coming up and it was supposed to be me and my girlfriends going, but it is looking like they will all have dates. I don't and that's fine, but now instead of us all being there as friends, I will be the odd person out.

I hate to sound whiney, but I just needed to spill my guts a bit to someone other than my friends here at college. Lately it seems like anything I plan gets cancelled or people bail out and that can be very discouraging.

2. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG]

4. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks guys. [​IMG]

5. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Every day, all the time, all my life. I've always felt a "separateness", even when very young. Sometimes it gets to me but I think I finally found out why I feel this way and I don't know if I'll feel that deep bone loneliness anymore.

6. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote:[​IMG] I hope you have finally found the reason! It is very difficult to feel that way, especially for such a long time.

I've been volunteering at an animal rescue and I've found myself wishing I was there all the time. I mean, I love animals and prefer to be with them anyways. I don't feel lonely at all when I am there and I feel like I am doing a good deed by helping them. Makes me wish I was rich so I could donate all my time to helping at rescues!

I do have some wonderful friends, but I've felt a bit disconnected lately.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  7. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    I think this is a senior moment.... Meaning senior in college not old lady. My DD is in her last year and is feeling exhausted and just wants to be done. Do you have a church affiliation? I'm connected w/ the Interfaith Coalition. This time of year is very busy w/ coat drives... Thanksgiving baskets.... and Holiday gift drive. Look it up... They could use an energetic young lady like yourself. Not to give but to help coordinate .

8. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote:I'm not a very religious person, but I am planning to go to our christian fellowship meeting here on campus tomorrow night. I've gone in the past and helped them with some volunteering like feeding the hungry and some other events and they are such a nice group of people. Their meetings are usually very uplifting, even though I'm not really a practicing christian. I think you are right though. I've had a lot of "senior" moments of late! LOL

9. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

I hope you have finally found the reason! It is very difficult to feel that way, especially for such a long time.

I did and I found it right in the scriptures! Finally got around to reading the Bible in it's entirety instead of in bits and pieces and found a wealth of information. Found out why I am lonely here on Earth and the reason was so good that I don't feel bad about my loneliness any longer. It all gets easier if you know the reason for things instead of feeling the feeling, noticing you are different than everyone else and not knowing why.​

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Welcome to the club, CD. I can't completely define the cause, but I tend to isolate myself from others. I have always been this way and am very muh like my mother in that respect. My daughter once said to me, "Dad, you can make yourself alone in a room surrounded by people who love you." She was correct. I really don't need the companionship of a lot of people, but am chameleon enough that i can survive in a wide range of social situations. (Redneck being my preference.[​IMG]) I am self sufficient and enjoy my own company - it's generally easier than dealing with the vagaries of others. I also see this trait in the next generation as I have a grand daughter who once said to me, "Pa, I really don't care what other people think of me. I'm quite happy by myself." Genetic, biochemical, situational? This old guy is not smart enough to have the answer. Continue to take part in social situations even if they don't 'fit' completely. A miracle may happen. It did for me. I met the Princess, and knew at that instant that there was a connect. She provides the place where all of my loneliness disappears. I wish the same for you. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by