Do you ever feel lonely...

Quote:
Aww, thanks SL. I feel like I could have written this. My dad is very much the same way and I'm sure I got it from him. Don't get me wrong, I love my alone time, but I still feel the need to be social every now and then. It's difficult when the options for being social are limited though! I often feel the most isolated in a room full of people my own age!

The most difficult thing lately is seeing all my friends dating and I sorta get pushed the side. It's perfectly understandable, but gets a bit lonely after awhile because it becomes difficult to have "girl time". It's even worse when my guy friends start dating! I try to stay happy for them but that can be draining. Sometimes I just wanna stamp my feet and say "What about me?!" or "I'm your friend too!". I would never do that in real life though, and I guess that's why I posted this instead.
tongue.png

I can see myself in all these posts ,especialy Bekissed first post ,it dosnt bother me too much in the summer months i can cram so much into a day i havnt got time to think ,but once the days getter shorter and im indoors more ..reality kicks in and it gets unbearable ,im 2 yrs liveing on my own for the first time in my life and ,if it wasnt for my animals i cant think of 1 good reason to get up in the morning,because there realy isnt 1 ,people will tell you to get a hobby ,have interests ,meet likeminded people ,i have looads of interests like gardening /diy/cassic cars/animals ,i have been in a classic car club for yrs but i think unless you have a partner your allways on the outside looking in ,i got rid of my partner because he dragged me down so much,his boozin weekends were his priority even tho we shared the same interests ,its bad enough feeling like this when your on your own but its ten times worse to live with someone that treats you like crap.
My family have never been close emotionaly but whenever any they of them needed help with something id be there ,same with my sons ,everybody has seen me struggling and nobody has offerd help and that hurts, i think it was Chickerdoodle13 said "you dont talk about it because its sounds like your whinging"so you put on a brave face and carry on ,in my case nobody gives a toss , last year was the coldest we had here ever that i can remember and i didnt get 1 call to ask was i ok for fuel ,was i able to get out to the stores to get stuff ,and no doubt this winter will be no different,so im trying to stock up on animal food and fuel for the days i cant get out because their my priority ,what scares me the most is ,if i was to go in my sleep it would be at least a week before anybody would know so sometimes i think its very selfish of me to even have them but they are all rescues ,except for 3 hens i bought .
I have just let out a sigh to be able to let all that out ! its good to have somewhere to think out loud so i thank this forum for the chance to do just that , the show must go on as they say .

Quote:
Aww, thanks SL. I feel like I could have written this. My dad is very much the same way and I'm sure I got it from him. Don't get me wrong, I love my alone time, but I still feel the need to be social every now and then. It's difficult when the options for being social are limited though! I often feel the most isolated in a room full of people my own age!

The most difficult thing lately is seeing all my friends dating and I sorta get pushed the side. It's perfectly understandable, but gets a bit lonely after awhile because it becomes difficult to have "girl time". It's even worse when my guy friends start dating! I try to stay happy for them but that can be draining. Sometimes I just wanna stamp my feet and say "What about me?!" or "I'm your friend too!". I would never do that in real life though, and I guess that's why I posted this instead.
tongue.png

Your day will come CD... i promise. You really seem to be a good, kind, caring, smart, motivated, pretty gal... and someday, some guy is going to fall head over heels for you.
Dont fret... i promise, your day will come.
hugs.gif

Quote:
Aw, I'm sorry Clubby. It's tough to feel like no one cares and not be able to do anything about it. Unfortunately sometimes life gets in the way for people and they need a little reminding that you are still around. Sometimes I'd wonder why people would stop calling me or talking or inviting me places and then when I took a closer look at the friendship, I would realize I haven't really been trying very hard to keep in contact either. Maybe one day you might be able to call up a family member and rekindle a relationship with them. There's really no harm in being kind. What really drags us down is when you do so much for a person and don't get anything in return.

I have found throughout my life that when one things leaves, another thing enters. A majority of the time, the new thing has been so much better. It also seems to take that new thing to realize just how much the old thing stunk!

There was a psychic on campus today for the club fair and he was giving free readings. I waited to see him and regardless of whether or not his predictions have any credence, he actually gave me some wonderful compliments and advice. Sometimes you just need that to push you out of a lull. (Although, I'm kind of hoping the other things he said come true! Unfortunately, I still have to work for success in my career, even if he said it would eventually happen! LOL)

I'm not really a religious person, but I went to the christian fellowship meeting on Tuesday and wouldn't you know it, they had a whole video on friendships (Both relationships and just friends). We were given a list found in Corinthians about traits and values to practice in becoming a better person. Really opened my eyes up to a few things I can do better. Overall, the entire night was incredibly uplifting and it was quite the coincidence that the session that night included just about everything I had been feeling down about!

Red, thanks for the kind words.
smile.png
I think you're right. I just have to be patient!

Cpprpnny19, I think my girl friends will probably go to the dance as singles afterall. I don't really have any guy friends left here at the college. There is only one, but I would just go with him as strictly a friend. Either way, I will definitely try my hardest to have a great time regardless! I have to enjoy my last college semi-formal dance!

Lauren, I just saw this!!! There are many times when a person can easily feel lonely when they are surrounded by people. It is quite normal. In your case, you are far more mature than your age and that alone can cause the feeling of being lonely.

Push on, young lady!!!! I am so proud of all you have accomplished and happy that you have shared it all with us.

I'm not really a religious person, but I went to the christian fellowship meeting on Tuesday and wouldn't you know it, they had a whole video on friendships (Both relationships and just friends). We were given a list found in Corinthians about traits and values to practice in becoming a better person. Really opened my eyes up to a few things I can do better. Overall, the entire night was incredibly uplifting and it was quite the coincidence that the session that night included just about everything I had been feeling down about!

You will find that nothing is a coincidence with God. God knows your heart and your needs and provides for them if you only let Him. He knew you before you were born, formed you in your mother's womb and feels your sorrows intently. It would be a great time to continue learning about the Word of God...that's how I finally found out more about my loneliness and that knowledge helped me to overcome how I feel about it. I wish I had read the Bible all the way through many, many years ago...maybe I wouldn't have had to live all those years feeling I was entirely alone on this spinning ball.​

Quote:
You will find that nothing is a coincidence with God. God knows your heart and your needs and provides for them if you only let Him. He knew you before you were born, formed you in your mother's womb and feels your sorrows intently. It would be a great time to continue learning about the Word of God...that's how I finally found out more about my loneliness and that knowledge helped me to overcome how I feel about it. I wish I had read the Bible all the way through many, many years ago...maybe I wouldn't have had to live all those years feeling I was entirely alone on this spinning ball.

Everything we do and go through is all in the Big Plan for us. I wish I had known more about the people in the bible and what they had gone through and came OUT of earlier in life. However, I cannot argue against His plan for me. He did what he did, and I am better for it.

I'm with Beekissed and Debi - there are no coincidences only providences. I understand that I am blessed. Over the past 70 years when needed the proper individuals or circumstances have been provided. I do not question. CD, I think that this has happened and will continue to happen throughout your life. You are evidently deserving.

Back
Top Bottom