Do you ever have nightmares about your chickens?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by True Grit, May 13, 2011.

1. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

I had one last night where I found two of my chickens savaged to death and two all maimed and at death's door. [​IMG] There was a roaster full of 9 baby magpies in the run so I knew the adult magpies had killed my chickens and put their magpielets there. I threw them out on the ground I was so outraged. [​IMG] There seemed to be some evidence my DH had left the run door open all night. [​IMG] I'd rather have the dream where DH is "free-ranging" (stole that from jeepchick) than this nightmare again.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I had a nightmare of my chicks I took to work being eaten by a coworkers JRT.

3. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Last night I had a nightmare that a giant snake at my whole coop- chickens and all. But then, I did have to kill a snake and bury a chick last night.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  4. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    yes i have, and after a thread i posted in the predator/pests section, oh probably will again tonight. [​IMG]

5. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh no... sorry to hear that. [​IMG]

6. Zinnia-Hen

Zinnia-Hen Live & Let Live

Jan 29, 2011
    I had one last night. [​IMG]

Some five year olds tried to kidnap my hens and almost got away with it, and they put one in a ziploc. But don't worry, I kick their little butts. (Okay, that wasn't really a nightmare, but still. [​IMG])

I had a worse one once, but I don't like to talk about it.

Though this one isn't a nightmare, It makes me giggle:

I had a dream that my little 26 ounce modern game was perched on the BBQ with a chef's hat and a spatula, grilling burgers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by