Do you feed your chickens meat....(like chicken)?

clairabean

Songster
9 Years
Nov 7, 2010
Kootenays of BC!
I had never really thought about it. The scraps just go in to the chicken bowl. We rarely eat chicken or turkey, but at Christmas I chucked the turkey carcass to the chickens, as per instructions here. They loved it. Hubby was mortified. Last night I snuck the leftover chicken scraps to them. But it did make me stop and think for a minute.

So, what is the real dirt on this feeding chickens chicken thing?
hmm.png

I just gave mine a chicken snack. They don't know what it is and even if they did, do you really think that would stop them from chowing down?
lol.png

They love all kinds of meat. And to them, it is just that- meat (food). They don't know if it's beef or pork or chicken or what. They just know it as something to eat.

I feed mine chicken and turkey all the time and they love it... Nothing is funnier (and twisted) to me than seeing a chicken run a wide open sprint across the yard with a chicken leg in it's mouth.....
gig.gif

Ms.FuzzyButts :

I feed mine chicken and turkey all the time and they love it... Nothing is funnier (and twisted) to me than seeing a chicken run a wide open sprint across the yard with a chicken leg in it's mouth.....
gig.gif

Yep!
lol.png

I think the first snack I ever gave my chickies was leftover fried chicken when they were about 4 weeks old. Now at 17 weeks, they LOVE all sorts of leftover meat. Now, I give them almost everything that's leftover in the kitchen. It's a toss up who gets the leftovers - the chickens or the dogs. The chickens usually win!!

Back
Top Bottom