Do you guys think i should toss my eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by backyardchickenfarmer, Apr 28, 2009.

1. backyardchickenfarmer

backyardchickenfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    Toms river, New jersey
    Hello, I have 3 broody bantams sitting on eggs, it is there first time going broody today it is day 29 i havent candled them yet but there is to pipping or peeping. do you think i should just toss out the eggs?Thanks

EDIT: spelling

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  2. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Yes, if you're sure they are 29 days along, I would toss them. In fact, I would open them before I tossed them to see if they even started developing and, if so, how far along they got. You know for sure they were fertile, right?

ETA: OR you could play it safe and candle them before tossing them or opening them.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  3. Ruditchka

Ruditchka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    I'd candle, but if it is day 29 for sure, the eggs are well past hatching.... Sorry.[​IMG]

4. backyardchickenfarmer

Jan 26, 2009
    Toms river, New jersey
    ok thanks guys

5. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    You said some are piping, those will hatch. They were most likely laid later than the others.
    Canle the eggs and toss only those you are sure are pass due. If you see movement in any of the eggs give them as chance.

6. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    there is to pipping or peeping.

Did you mean "there are 2 pipping or peeping" or did you mean "there is NO pipping or peeping"?​

7. Ruditchka

Ruditchka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Looks like a typo..... "no" pipping fits the sentence though! "to" just doesn't work in the sentence, even if it was "2"!!

8. backyardchickenfarmer

Jan 26, 2009
    Toms river, New jersey
    hey guys, sorry i meant there is NO pipping or peeping, sorry for any confusion. as i was cracking the eggs into the garbage most were just this yellow goo then i cracked one egg and it peeped! so when i put it back under mom the mean rooster cam in and took and broke open the egg and there was a fully formed baby chick inside! so i left the others in there and we'll see. i feel so bad for that chick! ill let you guys know what happens.Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by