Do you have 2 chickens and want a cheap coop/run LOOK !

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by gottalovemychickens, Nov 17, 2009.

1. gottalovemychickens

gottalovemychickens SaveAChickenRideACowboy

2. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    A turtle tractor - cool! It's the right shape, but I think it's too small for 2 standard size hens - maybe a couple of banties?

The measurements are 39.5"L x 19"W x 16"H and the 39" includes the enclosed area. Two large hens would barely be able to move around in there.

3. gottalovemychickens

true maybe for bantys !!!

but i thought wow $59.99 is not bad at all.

4. Sam The Yam

Sam The Yam Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    Arizona
    I think it would be excellent for baby chicks until they can "graduate" to the coop, or even for a broody hen and her babies.

5. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Looks like an awesome home for older chicks. I may have to get one in the spring!

6. gsim

gsim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    East Tennessee
    I wouldn't even confine a turtle in that thing, much less a chicken. Good scale model for a properly sized tractor tho.

7. kristenm1975

kristenm1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    My Pet Chicken has one of those for broody hens, but it retails for $99 there. Same exact thing. They were out of stock when my girls went broody and I didn't want to pay that much anyway so I just built a a cheap version of it myself. It worked beautifully. Before I sold it, I hatched out 5 ducklings and 5 mixed breed chicks. What fun!

Here's a picture of my redneck version, complete with plywood siding and a roll back hardware cloth door "latched" with old bricks:

[​IMG]

Here are the cuties that I hatched out using the broody hut:

[​IMG]
    My Silkie mix hen went broody after laying her first egg, so I borrowed some of my friend's duck eggs for her to sit on. She was a fantastic ducky mama!

[​IMG]

8. gottalovemychickens

Wow yea even a Broody Hen would be good in that

then when the chicks hatch and what not , they will have their own room to move and still be save !!

9. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    It doesn't have wire on the bottom so you'd want to be careful if you live in an area that has predators who are likely to dig under.

10. gottalovemychickens

Quote:True True Very True , Again i just saw the price and was like wow some how someone can really make this work for cheap ya know

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by