Do you have a BREADMAKER? Question for you...

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by iread, Feb 10, 2009.

1. iread

iread Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    South Carolina
    I got a new breadmaker for my birthday and am using it for the first time. Is it normal for it to make a clicking/popping/gear stripping sound while it is kneading? It is a sunbeam.

2. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    Are you sure you've got it pushed down tightly so it snaps in place? If it's not secure it might make too much noise.

3. FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Efland, NC
    Yeah, make sure the kneading paddle is on firmly. It should make a thumping noise as it slings the dough around. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't "walk" off your counter--mine has done that twice. It's still going strong! Love my bread machine and I don't even bake in it--I just use it to make the dough & let it rise once.

4. iread

iread Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    South Carolina
    I think I did. I guess next time I'll push harder. I knew they made some noise...I just wasn't sure how much.

Anyone else?

5. CrimsonRose

CrimsonRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    I have 3 (we eat a lot of bread and I use it for dough for noodles and pies) and the only noises they make is a good thumping noise with a low hum from the motors... [​IMG] Now when I have all 3 going at once it gets kinda noisy... LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by