Do you have a favourite chicken?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by potato chip, May 17, 2016.

1. potato chip

potato chip lunch-sharer Premium Member

One of the new members in her introduction said she'd be minding her grandson's favourite chicken and it got me wondering whether others have favourites. I don't think I do, I like all of mine, nobody really stands out as "special". So, do you have a favourite?

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Of course!

3. potato chip

Is it the one in your avatar? Why is it your favourite?

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    .[​IMG]This is my favorite chicken because she is always the one who insists on sitting on my lap.

5. potato chip

She's pretty. She looks so wise.

1 person likes this.
  6. micah wotring

micah wotring Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2015
    WV boy here!
    [​IMG]
    Here's my favorite chicken. Her name is lady.

She's probably my favorite because she is calmest. Also she is my only hen ever to go broody.

She is currently sitting on eggs for me.

MW

7. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Frack, the spoiled one. She is now close to 10 years old and doesn't lay eggs in our bed anymore, but she has always been the favorite. She went broody once and hatched her babies in our kitchen! She knows her name and has never left a "present" on the floor in the house.
    [​IMG]

8. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Turtle Rock Poultry Premium Member

Aug 1, 2015
    I have two favorites....

Emma, my 8yr old EE hen. She is queen of the flock and she knows it! She is very tame and cuddly, and will do anything for a strawberry top.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And Jace, (I thought she was a rooster, I do call her Jacie) who is just the sweetest thing. She is a 1yr old Spangled OEGB and loves to cuddle..... At least when she is not broody! As of now, she is raising her first batch and doing wonderfully.

In the winter she follows me around until I pick her up and warm her feet. She is my spoiled girl. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    -Banti

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  9. BunnynChicks

BunnynChicks Duck Lover

May 18, 2016
    Here is my favorite chicken Skylar. She is such a sweetie following me around and climbing all over me.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Arztwolf

Arztwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2014
    SW Texas
    Mine is Fondant the White Leghorn.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got her, a bantam, a Deleware, and a Polish chick along with two Khaki Campbell ducklings back in Feb. The three other chicks sadly didn't make it to adulthood and I ended up putting her in the brooder with the ducklings. She has stuck with them ever since, even after I added two more ducks. She also likes to follow me around and will jump into my lap if I sit down.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by