Do you have a wierd cross?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by The Red Rooster, Aug 15, 2011.

1. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Do you have a wierd cross breed? Post pictures![​IMG]

2. grendel

grendel Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2010
    Walbridge ohio
    Got some La Fleche/Ancona crosses around four months old,and now just hatched blue/gray "americauna" chicks,whose fathered by my La Fleche also.Pics are of the former,will get other pics on soon.Hope to cross breed both sets to each other, wow![​IMG][​IMG]

3. Dutchgirl

Dutchgirl Not Dutch!

Apr 1, 2008
    U.S.A.
  4. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    Quote:that is the best looking roo I've ever seen

5. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Quote:Oh wow, he's cool!

6. Elphaba2140

Elphaba2140 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Illinois
    I have LF Cochin x Bantam Sultan chicks. 2 are at the ugly stage right now. The roo was a splash - out of 3 chicks 3 are splash and 1 is blue. They are just getting their mohawks now. They have gigantic feathered feet and Vulture hocks! Kinda cute.

[​IMG]

7. GreatPyrLover

GreatPyrLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC
    I have a hen that is crossed...with what I have no clue...but she is HUGE!!!! We call her Big Bertha....I love her though...she has some feathers on her legs...not a lot....I know she didnt come from any kind of Silkie....her dad was a Black Austalorp or a Rhode Island Red for sure...not sure about mom....she is a good girl!!!!

One on the right, of course [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Tolbunt Polish x Black Copper Marans. Probably my weirdest cross that I have [​IMG] I've also had Shamo x Araucana (one even had tufts!) but they got sold or eaten by a cat. The rest of my mixes have been done before by others at one point or another in time.

[​IMG]

9. farmdude

farmdude Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2009
    NE Wisconsin
    Holy smokes! This is one funky chicken! Love it! I've had polish crosses before that had a comb like that.
    Quote:

10. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Technically a Polish cross shouldn't have a comb like that unless it actually splits in two in the back, forming a "butterfly" appearance, but, I'll admit - The Tolbunt who fathered this handsome guy has a single comb gene. Bad trait to carry, but, I don't think there's a perfect or near perfect Tolbunt Polish out there. . . .

What I think really makes this guy stand out, beside his gold lacing and enormous and well-kept tail, are his feathered shanks. They're quite fluffy for a bird who has only one parent with feathered legs, and even the parent wasn't as fluffy as a Brahma or Cochin.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by