Do you have Bossy Ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

My 2 youngest Muscovies, (Aspen & Bombay) that are living outside right now are such bossy little things...

Yesterday morning I was headed to feed the cows & walk right past the duck pen on my way to the barn. as soon as Aspen saw me she started trilling at me..non-stop... i heard her almost all the way out to the barn, plus a few peeps from Bombay. It took around 25 minutes to feed everyone.. fluff their hay(spoiled!) and make sure all was well in the fields.... The little brats were still going on at me until i finally let them both out so they could run over into the opposite pen, with the chickens.

You would think they'd wanna be in the covered pen instead of the open one!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Yes, some of my calls think them MUST tell me how to do the things I have been doing since BEFORE they hatched!

Always bobbin their necks and quaking away. Following me around and sticking their bills in my business [​IMG]

3. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:[​IMG] Mine too! I'm so glad I have my Calls to supervise EVERY move I make in their pen-I just don't think I could do it without them! [​IMG]

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

My Cayuga pair have definite ideas about how this place should be run. Louie the drake tells me so, Thelma just makes suggestions ( but I think she puts Louie up to it)!

The baby call ducks in the brooder are getting into running games now. Wonder how the Cayugas will take to them in a few weeks?

5. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Wikepedia - the free online dictionary has the word bossy listed and it's explanation with a pic of these 2 !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I regret the day I EVER picked them up from the feed store. This tag team match has different names every day of the week. At any time they could be named:

Freddie Krugar and Jason Vorhees (Nightmare on Elm Street & Friday the 13th)
    Frankenstein & Drakula
    The Mummy and The Wolf Man
    Michael Myers and Norman Bates (Halloween & Psycho)
    The Terminator & The Predator
    Bradley & Clyde (Bonnie & Clyde)
    Bo & Luke Duke (Dukes of Hazzard)

I have a headache just thinking about them. What did I do wrong in raising them? ! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have to put all of the other animals up before I can even let these 2 out to free range. They terrorize the entire CHICKEN YARD!

Shall I say any more?

But.......... I wouldn't trade them for the world. They are my little devils. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  6. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Daisy my welsh harlequin is bossy.. I knew last year after several months Stanley was going to be Hen ahmm duck pecked. LOL.. She bosses both Stanley and Judy around

7. Luke0987654321

Luke0987654321 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Spain
    here is my bossy boots:
    [​IMG]

luke.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by