Do you have other pets besides your duck?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by smileylife, Feb 8, 2016.

1. smileylife

smileylife Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2016
    Mexico
    Hi everyone, I love to see pictures of ducks with other pets. I have 4 dogs and one cat! 3 of my dogs are French poodles (small/medium size) and my other dog is a mix (she's adopted) she gets along great with my duck and my cat doesn't hurt my duck either! (don't worry, I never leave them alone while they're in the same room) so I want to see pictures of your pets together and what their named are [​IMG] my ducks name is Taiyou which means sun in Japanese! My dogs name is Ginger and my cat mingle (they're all in the picture)

[​IMG]

2. PotatoWaffles

PotatoWaffles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2014
    Northwest Ohio
    I have some pictures of my cat with ducklings at home on my laptop but don't have access to them right now. But in addition to my 13 ducks, I have a dog, three cats and a ferret. Oh, do aquarium fish count? Lol

3. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    I have a great dane and a doberman in addition to the ducks and chicken. Birds free range and the dogs do as well. Dogs ignore the birds when outside and always have.

4. PotatoWaffles

Oct 10, 2014
    Northwest Ohio
    Mine does as well. He's not exactly a herding dog, but I put him to use when I herd my ducks in their pen. I make him sit by the cage door to keep them from running out lol. It's a lot easier to hers ducks work two people, or your doggie

Here he is with the "evil" cat.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  5. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    I can't upload my pictures right now but I can still share. I own 25 Black Australorp chickens, 2 Indian Runner ducks, 4 Border Collies (2 are personally mine), 6 cats, I have 2 Gelbvieh cows and 2 Quarter horse Appaloosa crosses, and 7 peafowl. My cattle and horses are with my dad's and he has a lot more than me.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  6. PotatoWaffles

Oct 10, 2014
    Northwest Ohio

Okay you win, lol ;) how do you have time to tend to so many animals?? With my full time job And taking care of all my animals I feel like I barely have any free time :(

7. Birdrain92

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    They are my free time I guess and my job. I enjoy being with them. I'm a senior in high school and the Treasure of the Nampa FFA Chapter. I will be going away though for college and will only be able to visit my animals in the summer and Christmas break. Here are some pictures. I don't really have any pictures of my cats since they are rarely all together.
    [​IMG] Here are my Fawn & White Indian Runners.

[​IMG] My adult Indian Blue peacock

[​IMG] My young White peacock. This fall he will molt these feathers and get large white feathers.

[​IMG] My male dancing for his hen.

[​IMG] Earlier this winter. Some of the peafowl behind him.

[​IMG] My Indian Blue peahen.

[​IMG] 2/3 of my White peafowl. I have 1 White peacock and 2 White peahens. Then my Indian Blue Black Shoulder peahen in the middle and my Spalding Split to White peahen up front.
    [​IMG] My White peacock in front and my other White peahen in back.

[​IMG] My Black Australorp rooster.

[​IMG] My Black Australorp pullets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] My mare Ima Tiger Shadow.

[​IMG] My colt Gunsmoke.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] My Red Border Collie female Mocha.

[​IMG] My male Black Border Collie Shadow.

[​IMG] All 4 of the Border Collies.

8. Birdrain92

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    Here are my cows. Granites Promise and Surprise. Surprise got her name because Granite gave birth to her when she was 15 months old.
    [​IMG] Here's Surprise

[​IMG] Here's Granites Promise

[​IMG] Granites Promise

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by