Do You Have Snow? Snow Storm 2010. We Want To See Pics...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ThePamperedPullet, Dec 27, 2010.

1. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

We would love to see pics from this latest snow storm. It is just cold here in Florida. We don't get to see too much snow here. But i am sure that everyone would love to see how you all are doing. Who got the most? Who has the biggest drifts? How are your chickies liking it?

2. chickaddict

chickaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Bristol
    Sorry, no pics

It's a little difficult to gauge amounts as the wind was unbelievable. There were a few times last night when we thought we'd lose the roof.

I'd say about 6 inches of very heavy pack snow, but there are spots in my back yard with next to nothing and spots with a foot and a half drift.

To say that the girls hate snow would be quite an understatement. So far only 2 of them have been brave enough to leave the coop and that

was only after I shoveled a path. The will not leave the path. Once I thaw out I will shovel them a path to the rabbit hutch.

We will be hitting a balmy 40 degrees by Friday so all this will be gone by the end of the week.

3. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    [​IMG]

Not much here, barely covers the grass. But it has lingered 3 days already, pretty rare for the Atlanta area. Still enough to scare the hens into staying in the coop, even though I've cleared all the white death from the tractor's floor.

4. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    OK, here's from the last time we got hit not quite 2 weeks ago...notice the sky? The snow was still coming down. That path was the only one I shoveled and that was for the cats. The chickens did not like the wind or the massively huge flakes in their faces-they stayed inside for this one [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Here are some pictures. Its beautiful out now. Beautiful blue clear sky. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    No snow at our house this time but I will enjoy looking at all of your pictures.

7. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    WOW that's a lot of snow! DH is up where there's snow and has been whining every day about driving in it - says that if I want to move up north again . . . (insert improbable threat here).

8. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    I'd be happy to post more pictures when it becomes a little less scary outside. I do need to shovel and snowblow, but not yet. No point. I will be going out to check on the chooks (locked up for the first time in their lives - it's their first winter) so I want to make sure they haven't killed each other yet.

[​IMG]

9. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    This is Sonya my rott mix out in the backyard watching for squirrels. She doesn't catch them, she just likes to bark... And this is my cabin coop which is 12 ft. by 30 ft. and has indoor and outdoor pens and 2 lofts. And a rocking chair on the porch for the chickens to roost on during the day!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Sandbellie

Sandbellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Lots of snow here! I'll have to go out and shoot some good pictures! Its like a blizzard out there now! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by