Do you have to candle?

I would say it is better to candle...to make sure they are developing well. If you don't candle,then you might miss any unfertile eggs and they could rot and explode in you bator. Not a good thing. Also you can keep an eye on those eggs that are questionable. Beside, it's fun and exciting to watch.

Last edited:
To candle or NOT to candle......

It's personal choice. How sure are you of the freshenss of the eggs and that they aren't cracked or compromised in some other way as to allow bacteria to grow inside? It's entirely up to you BUT if you plan on incubating more eggs in the future it surely helps to be candling every batch because there WILL come a time when you have a VERY messed up hatch and if you have been candling every batch of eggs then you will have experience in what to look for in the eggs to help you diagnose what happened.

But bottom line - do you HAVE to candle? No
smile.png

You don't have to but it is so interesting and so much fun. Once you get the hang of it and it does not take long you will be excited on candeling day. If you have any questions on how to do it just ask here. We will be glad to get you started.

Oh my gosh I just candled last night and I was just in awe! I couldn't wait to candle and see those babies lol I even seen the brown eggs without any problems! The 45 Lumen's flash light works out as a GREAT flash light!

Back
Top Bottom