do you just love yorkshire puddings or DO YOU LOVE YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Codyandme1, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Codyandme1

Codyandme1 Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2011
    mmmm MMMM yummy
    do anyone else like yorkshire pudding s and what do you eta them with(gravy or whatever you like) MMMMMMMMMMMMM [​IMG]
    (im hungry now [​IMG])

2. Firefighter Chick

Firefighter Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Southeast Minnesota
    i have no idea what that is

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Google is your friend. I am a bit partial because my great grandmother was British and she made is all the time. I love that buttery goodness,

4. Codyandme1

May 24, 2011
    I love eating them with gravy mmmmmmmm [​IMG]

5. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    I LOVE YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS!!!

They were heavenly when I lived in the UK, the caf at school would serve them up maybe two or three days a week. Absolutely epic. I just preferred eating them plain, really, the buttery taste was good enough for me. [​IMG]

Now you're making me hungry too! [​IMG] It's 6:30, I haven't eaten since 12 and I... um... love Yorkshire puddings...

6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:Here you go Firefighter Chick. It's a thin egg batter that is oven fried in a lot of fat. It is traditionally made with roast beef, and fried in the drippings. Then served with gravy. It is almost the same thing as popovers. Similar to cream puff or eclair pastry.
    They are delicious, crispy on the outside and eggy/soft on the inside with lots of holes, so you could eat a lot. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Imp- easy to make, but very messy

7. Codyandme1

May 24, 2011
    its hard getting them to rise but if u do it right it turns out really yummy ,........mmmmmmmmm....

8. Silkiesandco

Silkiesandco Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2011
    Canada eh?
    YUM! I love it. My british friends parent always made it and i would steal like 50! Omnomnom

9. Amethyste

Amethyste For Love of Boo...

I ADORE them!!!! My husband is straight off the boat British, and my dad is British but I was born here....so we had lots of good British food growing up and that I make now for my husband. I do miss a lot of things from across the pond, but at least I do not have to live without my yorkie puds [​IMG]

Nothing like a proper Sunday dinner with a good roast, root vegs, a rich meat gravy and mash, and a TONNE of yorkie puds [​IMG]

That's my favorite part of the whole meal tbh !!! Between me and my husband we can down a mess of them, so I have to make extra so that we actually have some for leftovers lol

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  10. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    I've never been to the U.K. but I do love a good Yorkshire Pudding thanks to a couple of uncles with a penchant for marrying British women while on military duty.

Gotta have a good brown, beef roast gravy over it.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by