Do YOU know what he is??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickenquilter, Aug 20, 2011.

1. chickenquilter

chickenquilter New Egg

Jul 31, 2011
    I cannot figure out what breed(s) this roo is. But I am new at this, so it doesn't take too much to confuse me! Any ideas?

[​IMG]

2. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Looks like maybe a 2nd generation red sex-link? Definitely something with white and red genes mixed together!

That's an awfully floppy comb for a roo!

3. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    Quote:I have an EE mix roo with the same type of comb!
    Not sure what type he is, he is going to be pretty though, maybe someone else can help you more

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    I would say he is a Leghorn / Rhode Island Red cross and at least a F2 (second generation) cross.

Chris

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  5. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    Quote:Agree and [​IMG] [​IMG]

(I love your user name. I am a chicken quilter too!) [​IMG]

6. chickenquilter

chickenquilter New Egg

Jul 31, 2011
    I was thinking he was a 2nd gen Red Star. but it did occur to me that he may be a wht Leghorn/RIR mix. He is now 5 months old and his comb stands straight. He is a beauty! Unfortunately I have to rehome him and a beautiful RIR roo too. This one is quite the singer. And talks to me when I let him free in the yard. Comes to the door to see if I can come out to play. The funniest bird I have ever known!
    N&M - ck out these - I got the chickens to distract me from quilting 24/7! http://community.webshots.com/user/institchesquilts

Thanks
    everyone, I appreciate your thoughts! Confirms my feelings. Not spot on but at least a ball park.[​IMG]
    Diana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by