Do you know what I am?

SunAngel

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Chambersburg, Pa.
This little bantam came from the assorted bantam bin at TSC. I picked her out because I was trying to get a Gold Sebright and knew they had rose combs. The other ones with the same coloring either turned out to be roos or had a single comb, so I sold them. I am assuming this one is a she because the comb is still really small. She is feathering out totalling different than the Gold Sebrights did. Anyone know what she might be? I tried looking up bantams on several hatchery sites, but nothing they sell seems to match her. Could she just be a really poorly laced Sebright or maybe something else?

10683_screenhunter_01_jun_11_1537.jpg

10683_screenhunter_02_jun_11_1537.jpg

10683_screenhunter_03_jun_11_1538.jpg

10683_screenhunter_04_jun_11_1538.jpg

She looks bigger than she really is in the pics. She's bigger than my White Jap chick, but much skinnier and lighter than my standard chicks. She is about 4-5 weeks old.

Thanks for looking
smile.png

So I would say that she is what the hatcheries call an "Ameracauna" bantam. Pea comb-check. Strange colored legs-check. Color-check!
EE bantam!

I have 3 bantam EEs and her body and head shape is nothing like theirs. She is about half the size, much daintier. Somewhere between a Japanese and an OEGB chick. The EEs also have a flat comb, whereas this chick has the rose comb with the point at the top. Her legs are a slate blue color, where the EEs have greenish/yellow legs. I could be wrong, but I don't think she is an EE.

Back
Top Bottom