1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

do you like daylilies?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by faykokoWV, Jan 22, 2010.

1. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    http://www.mrfancyplantsnursery.com/

this
    my husbands brand new company and I need some people to just check out the website and give some feedback. I'm not trying to sell anything, but you can order from the site

My husband was in a job that he hated for years. I finally convinced him that life is too short to be miserable for most of the day. He quit his job last spring and took some time to decide what he wanted to be when he grows up. He decided to start a plant nursery and since we already had a pretty good collection of unique daylilies, he thought he'd start from there. I'm hoping he'll let me sell chicks or hatching eggs from the site eventually!

Let me know what you think.

2. slightlyscrambled

slightlyscrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Nebraska
    I absolutly love daylilies and your site made me drool!![​IMG]

3. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    Very nice site! I love the name, too!

4. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    oooh, daylilies! [​IMG]

if only i was in a zone 6 area [​IMG]

5. biddyboo

biddyboo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Ashland, Missouri
    Congratulations and best wishes with your new business. We love daylilies, and I think it's terrific that love of a plant can lead to a whole new direction in life. Your site looks efficient. I tried only one lead, but it worked well. I know you'll add pictures of plants that do not now have photos. Empty frames will inhibit interest in those plants, but not for long, I'm sure! And...your interest in chickens should fit right in to a business based on nature and farming and add interest to the catalog and nursery. I can already see a charming little coop of a welcoming trio of Banties greeting visitors each spring, surrounded by beds of vari-colored daylilies. Way to go! ~G

6. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Nice! You need pics on your home page though [​IMG]

Soooo- how big of a bunch do you get? I can never have enough colors! I buy them, grow them, split them, and sell extras. I hate it when you buy them though and the plants are just a tiny sprig. Ya know what I mean?

7. faykokoWV

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    Quote:Tell you what, I'll have to ask DH because I have no idea lol. I've tried to stay out of it as its his baby.

Keep the feed back coming, this is great!

1. need a dramatic picture on the first page
    2. need a description of what you get when you order

8. faykokoWV

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    Quote:Some of the plants were purchased at the end of the season. We will have to wait until they bloom here before we can get pictures of them. I bought a new camera just for this purpose

hmmm, trio of banties -check I've got three silkies and our mini coop
    [​IMG]

9. faykokoWV

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    Chickie'sMoma :

oooh, daylilies! [​IMG]

if only i was in a zone 6 area [​IMG]

DH says any of the "dormant" varieties will do well in your area (the word dormant will be in the description of the flower) one of the big supplies he purchased from actually just relocated all of their lilies from NH to NC, so they could have varieties. DH does plan to propigate new strains of lilies with a more northern climate in mind.​

10. faykokoWV

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    Quote:DH just informed me that you get two fans when you order. The size of the fans depend on the variety of the lily

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by