Do you like going to the thrift store?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by The Chicken Lady, Jan 9, 2010.

1. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I did a thrift store marathon with DH today. I look for old antiques and neat books and anything else that catches my eye, and he's into old electronics and video games.

Check out what I found! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

He is so cool!

2. davidb

davidb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2008
    north east Georgia
    I love too go to flea markets,junk sales, thrift stores, equipment sales, Im a junkaholic, I don't usually buy much I guess its just the thrill of the hunt

3. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I go once a week at lunchtime, it kills my spending habit by only spending a few dollars..

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    WOW, I usually hate rooster figurines and stuff because they are usually overdone and gaudy...but that one is gorgeous and nicely detailed! Nice find! Oh, and yes..thrift stores etc. is DEFINATLEY my cup o tea [​IMG] Why pay full price?!?!?!

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Wow, what finds you have there! Real nice! YES, I just love thrift stores too! [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:That is cool!!!!! Around here the thrift stores focus on clothing, so they are not as much fun, but when I go to other places, I love to go through thrift stores.

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Yup! I love thrift stores and flea markets! I could stay all day and browse... [​IMG]

8. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Almost anything I need, I look for it first at the thrift store. Only after I've satisfied myself that it isn't available used, will I go and buy it new. I figure its the greenest thing way to go - REUSE! Just today DH and I decided we needed a new couch, since the old one has been so well used by kids and pets. At the 5th store we hit, we found one for $50 that we decided to go ahead and get. But when we went to check out, they discounted it by 50%. Apparently the special today was 50% off all furniture. We thought it was a good buy at $50 but ended up only paying $25.

9. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I love thrift stores, the only thing I hate about them is trying to leave them, I can't!!!

10. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    You mean there are OTHER types of stores? [​IMG]

I get about 95% of our clothing at the thrift stores and also go there first when I need anything else for the household. But I spend some of my savings on other delectable finds there, especially books and nifty collectables. I especially love those old souvenir state plates to hang on my wall, and also old colored Pyrex mixing bowls that I use in the kitchen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by