Do you like the music your kids listen to?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by call ducks, Sep 17, 2011.

1. No i don't mind

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes i mind

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. My parents don't mind (for teens only)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. My parents do mind (for teens only)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    well i am have got to thinking. And thus this poll, do you like the music your kids/grandkids listen to? And if you are a teen do your parents like you listing to the music you do or do they hate it.

2. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    Im not a teen but I still live with my mom and we listen to the same music for the most part. Rock. If I listened to rap or pop it would be a different story though [​IMG]

3. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Some of her stuff I like - Adam Lambert, Maroon 5, etc

Some of her stuff I don't - Owl City, for example. Their song "Vanilla Twilight" isn't bad, but not quite my thing

We have some tastes that are the same, some that are different. Of course, my usual listening queue includes Papa Roach, Maroon 5, Queen, 5 Finger Death Punch, Audioslave, Black Stone Cherry, Blues Traveler. You get the idea.

4. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Well.... I can't use any of the poll answers because while my mom doesn't particularly care for some of the music I listen to, there is some that she doesn't mind. She likes the classical type, and operatic singing (like Charlotte Church up to age 15), and the simple folksy hymns. I like more of the rock music like what CCM puts out (in the lines of Sanctus Real, Francesca Battistelli, Lincoln Brewster, etc.) and some country, but I also enjoy some of Charlotte Church and will occasionally listen to some of the hymns and classical pieces.

My dad on the other hand, doesn't mind what I listen to at all -- especially of it's the country stuff. [​IMG]

ETA -- my mom would probably do something awful if I told her I like Maroon 5... [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  5. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

I'm a teen, and my mom and I have had a couple of tiffs over Taylor Swift, but other than that she doesn't really care, as I'm not inclined to listen to anything she disapproves of. [​IMG] (BTW, I won the argument over Taylor Swift by mentioning that she listens to other country music when she's driving, such as "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off" and "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy". [​IMG] Now I just listen to it with headphones.) Other than the occasional and rare country, I mostly listen to classical and Christian rock/pop.

6. dainerra

Jun 4, 2011
  7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Is this poll assuming all people above the teen age are mothers? [​IMG] Or in no contact with their parents enough that the parents have an opinion? [​IMG]

8. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

sorry accidentally clicked do mind.... they dont mind

9. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Quote:Well ya know i never thought about the 20+ range because at that point there parents should not care. [​IMG]

10. dainerra

Jun 4, 2011
    Quote:Well ya know i never thought about the 20+ range because at that point there parents should not care. [​IMG]

I'm 36 and my mom is VERY vocal on what she thinks of my musical choices - she hates them [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by