Do you name your chickens?!

prettylittlehens

Chirping
Oct 14, 2020
My husband laughs at me because I name all of my little cluckers. After joining this site I realized that most of you name yours too and suddenly I don’t feel so crazy anymore haha. Starting a thread to see all of your cute, crazy, silly, etc. chicken names (and of course pics too if you’d like!) Here is the running list of names I currently have for my flock, as you can see they all sport punny celebrity names. I will be receiving 20 more chicks in about a week and half and can’t wait to learn their personalities and start naming them as well. Thinking I will go with a different “theme” for their names but still not totally sure yet.

7F4A4BC5-0405-4A7E-B629-68B0F9961352.jpeg

Attachments

• 037FDBE2-DEB7-4CFD-8447-55F73F5E61D0.jpeg
    037FDBE2-DEB7-4CFD-8447-55F73F5E61D0.jpeg
    961 KB · Views: 1
I have 69 chickens. Not all of them are named, but quite a few are. Some of their names:
Trouble
Dottie
Dorothy
Turtle Dove
Rosamonde
Rose
Beatrice
Myrtle
Muriel
Eskimo
Lucille
Darla
Bitty
Susan
Kimberly
Cookies
Cream
Mist
Twist
Dusty
Peaches
Nugget
Sunshine jr.
Sunny
Linda
Creamsicle
Red
Ruby
Sweet Pea
Sweetie
Gold Puff
Cherry

I have 69 chickens. Not all of them are named, but quite a few are. Some of their names:
Trouble
Dottie
Dorothy
Turtle Dove
Rosamonde
Rose
Beatrice
Myrtle
Muriel
Eskimo
Lucille
Darla
Bitty
Susan
Kimberly
Cookies
Cream
Mist
Twist
Dusty
Peaches
Nugget
Sunshine jr.
Sunny
Linda
Creamsicle
Red
Ruby
Sweet Pea
Sweetie
Gold Puff
Cherry
Love it! I have a few who SHOULD be named trouble lol!

My suspicions were confirmed today when I caught her in the act- Hennifer Anniston (all white hen in the background) is laying the prettiest and brightest blue egg of all my Easter Eggers! I knew she was one of my favorites for a reason 😍

35AEB7B6-E505-4721-A40E-EF4E87820A81.jpeg

1AF1D6F7-610A-4362-8BB6-6CE72A9B864D.jpeg

My chooks have the oddest names !
Deformity, beauty, giant, curlneck, feathers, ducktape( all above are RIR'S ) umm...slushy, fluffy, Xavier, midnight, blizzard, chocolate, featherbeast, drama ( drama is a brahma lol) cackle, buffeleta, thunder,lightning, goldie and seven unamed silkie mix's I got a couple weeks ago !! ( And I probably forgot a few ! Shhhh don't tell the chooks ! Lol

Edit :
I remembered some more ! Lol
Foghorn, fibro, lady and whiteout!!

( P.s. i don't name my chooks very well ...as you can see lol, 🤣 I didnt plan on naming them but I had to call them something and it turns out naming them makes chores alot easier 😂🤣)

My chooks have the oddest names !
Deformity, beauty, giant, curlneck, feathers, ducktape( all above are RIR'S ) umm...slushy, fluffy, Xavier, midnight, blizzard, chocolate, featherbeast, drama ( drama is a brahma lol) cackle, buffeleta, thunder,lightning, goldie and seven unamed silkie mix's I got a couple weeks ago !! ( And I probably forgot a few ! Shhhh don't tell the chooks ! Lol

Edit :
I remembered some more ! Lol
Foghorn, fibro, lady and whiteout!!

( P.s. i don't name my chooks very well ...as you can see lol, 🤣 I didnt plan on naming them but I had to call them something and it turns out naming them makes chores alot easier 😂🤣)
I love your names! One of our roo’s was almost a Foghorn but it was easier to yell out Frank when he was in trouble instead lol! I agree naming them does make the chores (and sometimes reprimands 🤣) easier! My Elmer loves to jump up on my shoulder when I enter to feed- I’m sure my neighbors get a kick out of hearing me yell at her for that everyday!

Back
Top Bottom