Do you need Goat advice?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by vatc1234, Dec 8, 2009.

1. vatc1234

vatc1234 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2007
    Corapeake
    I am a passionate goat person. I raise all types. They are all treasured pets. All 46, we have everything from pygmies, nubians,nigerians,lamanchas boers, x's and fainters.
    I am not a vet or tech, I just have personal experience from raising goats.
    If you need help you can email me directly:
    [email protected] Put Goats in the subject line if it's an emergency goats 911

2. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    If we have any problems I'll contact you. We have 3 pygmies - one's a 3-time grand champion my daughter raised and showed in 4-H. Another one is a rescue. We were told she was 6 months old when we got her. Came home from work one dat and then there were 3...she kidded out in the pasture in the bushes! She didn't look any more round than the champion, so we honestly didn't know she was pregnant [​IMG] . The baby is healthy (now 6 yrs old). I was told she had been living with her brothers and father... [​IMG] . She does get lice from time to time, but the othe 2 don't seem to. We dust everyone w/permethrin(sp?) just the same. Thanks for being there!

3. dragonchick

dragonchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2007
    Wouldn't it be much better to post the problem and the answer here or on BYH so everyone can learn from it? Everyone has the same goat problem or problems at some point in time. Posting here just might head off a potentially fatal outcome.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  4. cmjust0

cmjust0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Central KY
    Or...post it over on the sister site, BYHerds. [​IMG]

vatc1234...I don't think I've seen you on BYH, but it seems like you'd fit in nicely over there. You should check it out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by