DO you see any pullets in these pictures PLEASE-update-more photos

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sonew123, Oct 5, 2009.

1. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I had 5 standard black cochins hatch ad I think I got 4 out of 5 boys!! I processed one yesterday that had very prominant comb and wattles but decided to wait a few more weeks on these 3 that I think are boys! I know for a fact 1 is a girl so Im not including a photo of her-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

what do you think? do I really have that many roos??? oh these chickies are 2 1/2 months old.

ok heres the "girl" These photos are 20 minutes old!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    she is smaller than the others and it looks like she is like 2 weeks growth behind the others but hatched the same day..

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Here's crossing my fingers that the one with the light pink/almost white comb is indeeed a hen. There is one more that doesnt look quite as dark as the others so maybe.... [​IMG]

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I do hope so! Like I said to get 4 out of 5 being roos saddened me because they were so pretty and robust! Im was hoping for at least 2/5 to be pullets-there is definately one that has lighter set of wattles and comb besides the girl that has neither

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Be careful processing too soon by just combs and wattles. I always look for saddles feather growth, thickness of legs and neck feathers also. I had a orp fool me completely til it was 4 months old just this summer. Myself and another poultry person would have sworn it was a young cockerel and we were wrong. Just a young pullet that had red comb and wattles very early. My two cents! [​IMG]

I can't tell by your pics that's why I say patience. How old are they?

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:almost 3 months old. I stopped processing after the first one yesterday-I just had this gut feeling to hold off for another month to make sure 100%- so I did. The one I know for a fact is a pullet has no wattles at all or comb color-hardly any comb-the ones I posted are far more advanced than she is-Il grab a picture if the one girl to show you guys the differences I saw-and she is smaller than them all the way around.

6. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    I think I see 3 roosters at least. But I could be wrong. These are hard to figure!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by