Do you sell fresh eggs? And have a sign? show yours!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by justusnak, Apr 21, 2008.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I was just wondering....how many of us have a sign out in the front yard...advertiseing eggs and or chicks? I have one...actually, I just made this onw. The old sign was pretty torn up from the storms we had a while back. So....here's my sign....where is yours??

[​IMG]

2. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

We don't have a sign up yet.
    I have been waiting for just that right idea of what i want the sign to look like.
    And of course while I am waiting I am probably loosing people who drive by and don't know I have eggs.
    Actually It's so hard out in "Be F E Land". No body really drives around here other than the "I just got my licenses" teenager who want to do 90+ miles down a one mile road.

3. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    What a cute sign; I love the art work!!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Love the sign! If I put a sign out... I'd probably get robbed here. Fewer people that know that this place exists, the better. I do all my advertising by word of mouth for safety's sake!

5. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:*SIGH* Oh how I would love to drive by a house with a sign saying "for sale, chicks, chicks, chicks"........(my husband might not agree with that statement)

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

We are about 15 miles from town, and off the main road.....however.....there is a church just across the road and down a bit....and there is a logging place further down. They all go right by...well...some stop in. LOL I wish someone would want chicks.....I have about 20 to go to new homes. unfortunately, there are about 5 roos in that bunch...so the deal is...for every 5 hens, you take a roo! LOL
    The little "open" sign hangs on hooks...on the other side it says " CLOSED" for when the girls get in one of thier "moods" and wont lay! LOL

7. moodusnewchick

moodusnewchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    CT
    Are there certain laws to selling eggs? Like do we need some kind of farming license and permit and all that?

8. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Here is mine.[​IMG][​IMG]

9. Blondie

Blondie Chillin' With My Peeps

I made this on a word document, then took it to a sign store. Edited to add: It says $3 per dozen, stop by now or call 123.555.1212. I put it up when I have eggs to sell, and take it down when I don't want to deal with it!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  10. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Love the signs!! I need to really increase my flock before I could put a sign out advertizing eggs. We are so far back from the road I really am hesitant to put a sign out. We like our privacy and don't really like strangers coming back here so I may never put one out. [​IMG] Don't know just yet but you all are so artistic. Blondie, if I may ask...how much did it cost you to have a sign company make that up for you? Farmgirl, did you have a sign company make up yours, too?
    Deb, I love the graphics on yours.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by