1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Do you smell like your flock's snacks?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by kareninthesun, Jul 26, 2011.

1. kareninthesun

kareninthesun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Started off with seven grains and tossed in mealworms, so no. But since my kiddoes don't free range unsupervised, I cut loose the first sunflower head, a large cucumber and way too big yellow squash. Cut the squash and cuc lengthwise and fluffed up the middle to tempt. Then freckled out the sunflower seeds, spraying through the air. Sitting out in the sun, enjoying them enjoying their treats, listening to happy chatter. Do chickens have hollow legs? Don't see how they can pack so much in. I know they grow fast, so must burn calories fast. All I need is ice water and lemon and I'm set for the afternoon.

2. serenityNH

serenityNH Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Raymond, NH
    I just gave my chickens yellow squash for the first time yesterday and they went nuts! I thought they loved zucchini but I think the yellow squash comes in #1

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by