DO YOU SMELL THAT?!

mahen8622

Songster
11 Years
Jan 19, 2009
KY
ok i have a random question and this seemed the best place to post it...
I went to an auction last wed and won my first auction thinking i was getting a steal on a hen ( turned out to be a cross beak and i didnt know i could refuse her)
so rewind i got ready in my cute prissy clothes not knowing or thinking that a chicken auction would be the same as horse and cattle auctions where its mostly cowboy hat flannel attire lol and i tried a new trial perfume (from kamora Lee Simmons) ne who after i got the chicken sitting in my lap i started smelling something weird like funky and i still cant decide if it was the bird or my gross trial perfume ( i went home and took a shower asap bc i thought it was grossss) but is a chicken like other animals that can smell sweet or funky if something is WRONG with it?

does funky chicken smell = funky sick chicken?

There actually is a chicken disease that puts off a horrible smell. i will have to research because the name just won't come to mind. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

did it have a wound on it, i've smelled some funky chicken smells before, i wonder what its environment was before you got it, oh and don't wera cheap perfume LOL!
big_smile.png

i usually wear armoni code for her lol no kamora lee simmons free trials PLEASE lol

i dunno it was a mix between a SWEET SMELL AND B.O. EEEK i dont think it was the old men that was surrounding me lol

ps she had no open wounds or sores on her at all i went over her completely the only thing noticably wrong was her crooked cross beak

I don't know for sure. The only thing that I can say is that we just culled a BO roo last weekend. He was really getting pecked by the other chickens. Even the hens were kicking his butt. Bad. I thought I noticed a really funky smell coming from him. It smelled sort of like and infection, but not really. He was always pushed away from the other chickens and they never let him around him for the past week or so. I decided to cull him because we had too many roos, but I also was worried about him being sick with that odor wreaking form his body.
idunno.gif

Did you look at the ears?
They give off a bad aroma if they have an ear infection. You can also see a yellowish stuff sticking out the ear hole

Its gross. I got a bird from an auction like that...I wish I never bothered. But now she is an old fart LOL

Back
Top Bottom