Do you suppose it is wrong

Countrywife

Corrupted by a Redneck
10 Years
Aug 20, 2009
Carolina
that my 15 year old son and 13 year old daughter are arguing over who gets to kill the chickens, and both are looking forward to it? Or maybe it is just wrong that my 13 found it hysterical that with the X's if you let them live too long they die of heart failure. Am I raising children or future psychotics?
hu.gif

i dont see anything wrong with letting your kids kill the birds some one has to do it.

sam

Had one that loved to kill and pluck the chickens. Made me wonder too.

He is now 32 years old and a realestate agent.

Quote:
It happens to people also.

I don't see anything wrong with your kids for wanting to help. Actually it is reassuring that they want to do something. A large portion of the teens I see don't want to do anything.

Oh, I have no problem with them helping. I don't think I would force them to do the slaughter, but if they feel they want to that is fine. They are good kids- work hard around here. I am just a bit fightened over the excitement they feel over it- in some psychological world it must be wrong for teenagers to enjoy killing chickens! Or perhaps that is just my city roots showing

My buddy and get excited for butchering day starting a couple of weeks beforehand. I'm not sure why, but it's just a fun job for some reason! I hope my kids are excited to do it too- I have awhile to go to find out. I have a two year old and one on the way, so they will be NO help for a few years.

Quote:
My 4yr & 6yr old love it. They help get things ready & hold something to free up a hand. They are a lot of help. My 6yr old does most of the raising them. Trust me it's not that far off that they will be helping.

my 18 year old son does it for me and although he likes the thought of contributing he doesn't want to get to know the meaties and that makes me proud he is at least compassionate. I would question ANYONE that finds joy in killing. and I seriously doubt thats what your kids think. they of course should help if they request to but interject the message of compassion and get it over quick.

Maybe that is what they want you to think so you wont let them. Dont underestimate the cunning of a teenager. lol
Likely tho that once they are actually doing it, it wont be such a fun thing. They may well be competing with each other as to who is he toughest. Think back when you were a kid.
Go for it and let them see that it is not such an easy thing. I think they are just faking you out.

Back
Top Bottom