Do you think chickens are more entertaining than most pets?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by akd23237, Jun 16, 2008.

1. akd23237

akd23237 Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2008
    Why or Why not?
    Why do you think chickens are so entertaining?
    (I've had dogs, cats, hamsters, a lovebird and fish. But I think my chickens are the most entertaining, I'm not sure exactly why...)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I think chickens can be more entertaining because it's not often that you can have such a variety of something all together like that with very individual personalities. [​IMG] I think there's something too about that dinosaur-ness they have and how they move and act that makes them so interesting. And some are just downright charming [​IMG]

3. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    chickens just have a special something to them that no other animal can compare to, its weired but they just make you happy

4. akd23237

akd23237 Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2008
    Yeah. They don't stop surprising me, either.

5. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I had never had chickens before a little over a month ago so I had no idea how much fun they are to watch. Or how much I would fall for them... especially when they hop up on my chair, sit with me, and let me pet them. [​IMG]

And yes, I find them very entertaining. It's what I choose to do in the evenings now. Rather than watching tv I sit with my birds until they put themselves to bed. Oh my gosh, I really [​IMG] those birds!

6. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* I think it due to a strange mix of goofiness, giddiness, greed and genius-- oh, and the chickens are cute, too!!! [​IMG]

7. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* I think it due to a strange mix of goofiness, giddiness, greed and genius-- oh, and the chickens are cute, too!!! [​IMG]

8. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    Quote:lol one night i was watchin em' and my ee roo, was climing the ladder to get to the top shelf, and just bluntly fell completely off lol

9. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    d.k :

Yes, the ability to be gorgeous and goofy at the same time.​

10. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Why do I get the feeling that you're talking about the chickens?? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by