1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Do you think I got a frizzle?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SunAngel, Apr 20, 2009.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I got this little cutie at TSC last week and just noticed this morning that its wing feathers look different than all the rest. Is it possible I got a little frizzle bantam Cochin? I've never had a frizzle before, so not sure if thats what I am seeing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Buff frizzle? Im new but I have 1 frizzle and his wings look just like that!!!

3. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    What I wouldn't give for a frizzle. They're so stinkin' cute!! [​IMG]

4. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I have always wanted a frizzle. I will be so happy if I got one on accident!!! I just thought it was a Buff Cochin bantam lol.

5. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    yep you got yourself a red frizzle cochin. looks bantam [​IMG]

6. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Oh wow, you think its a red? The wing feathers look light buff right now, but they do have some darker spots on them. Can't wait to see how it feathers out!!!

7. Sock Puppet

Sock Puppet Grumpy Hen

Mar 3, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    yep looks like a frizzle, congrats [​IMG]

I have a frizzle and he's in his teenage stage, talk about Uuuugggglllyyyy [​IMG]

8. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    LoL oh goody, something to look forward to. I will have to make sure and take lots of pics, seeing as its my first frizzle!

9. Sock Puppet

Sock Puppet Grumpy Hen

Mar 3, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Quote:Ive been taking weekly pics of mine. Its amazing to see how much they change from week to week [​IMG]

Of course my frizzle seems to be stuck in this ugly teen stage, talk about a slow featherer, but I dont think they are all like that.

10. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Omgosh, Fizzbit is so adorable! Too funny!

My standard black Cochin cockerel was slow to feather like that and he has normal feathers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by