Do You Think LuLu is Lonely?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickaroo!, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    So, as many of you may know, Ruby (RIR) is in the chicken hospital in my bathroom. LuLu is left in the run/coop by herself. Do you think she's probably lonely?? For that matter, could Ruby be lonely too?

2. Chickaroo!

Dec 27, 2007
    Well, I guess she's either not or no one knows, or even possibly no one cares! LOL:/

3. ChickyPooh

ChickyPooh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    South GA
    I CARE!!! put a teddy in the chicky hospital for her.

4. Chickaroo!

Dec 27, 2007
    Awww, thanks ChickyPooh!! I told my DH I was thinking about doing that and he laughed at me!! :mad:

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I think they both will get lonely. Chickens have their own social order and need the companionship of others. It is one of the reasons they flock together. Safety and comfort in numbers.

Bring them both in. [​IMG]

6. Chickaroo!

Dec 27, 2007
    The vet said not to let any of my other chickens anywhere near Ruby 'till she gets better. [​IMG] Poor Ruby has been in the house for about 5 days!!! I'm sad for her now. I do visit with her often, but she's not the type of chicken that likes to be handled/pet. That means LuLu has been by herself for 5 days also. I feel super bad when she goes to roost at night...all alone.

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    If her cage is dim and warm she is better off alone consrving energy to heal.

8. Lobzi

Lobzi Chillin' With My Peeps

It wont help during roosting, but I suggest putting mirrors in their respective homes. It sure helps Chickie when she wants to snuggle with a "familiar face."

9. Chickaroo!

Dec 27, 2007
    Yup, it is. I could mix my 6 pullets with LuLu but I was afraid to because when I do she eats all their food and I was afraid that they'd eat to much of LuLu's (layer pellets)

10. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Quote:I second that! If Ruby does have something contagious then LuLu has been exposed anyway. It wouldn't hurt her. The tylan in the water I would guess would mean holding her eggs though. Anyone know for sure and for how long?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by