Do you think the ducks would like this,,,

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ChickenTiff, Nov 27, 2009.

1. ChickenTiff

ChickenTiff Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2009
    Texas
  2. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    They would probably love that! The difficulty would be getting into it. What kind of ducks do you have?

3. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    You'd have to make a ramp but I think they'd love it!

4. ChickenTiff

Jun 8, 2009
    Texas
    My mom thinks that the bottom would rip up but I am thinking that the weight of the water pressing the bottom of the pool down so heavy that they really wont be putting thier claws on the bottom enough to do damage. I realllly cant wait to get them this with a little ramp built on it!

5. ChickenTiff

Jun 8, 2009
    Texas
    Roen, Kakhi campbells and Caly(something) big black greenish duck.

6. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

They would love it, but how will you clean it?

7. ChickenTiff

Jun 8, 2009
    Texas
    I was thinking because the sides are not rigid. You would take a huge broom or something and push the side down letting it drain out. Getting lots of the nasty water out and top it off with fresh every 3 days give or take.
    Spoiled Ducks huh

8. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

They will love it. I bought one for my Scovies last summer. You do have to make a ramp of some sort esp. at the beginning. A couple of things to be aware of though....
    Once they figure the sides are flexible there will be one ornery duck who will just dive right over the edge Ooorrr SIT on the edge and let the water flow out over and around them. [​IMG] I stopped that by putting logs upright all around the edge where they wanted to SIT on it. They also like to chew/bite on the plastic sides so you will get wear there and some cracking in the plastic the first few inches. I ran some duck tape on that but they would bite at the tape till they pulled it off. They didn put a hole in the bottom eventually with their claws when they did some major diving. These were very rambunctous teen Scovies though and I've noticed they mellow out a bit as they grow older. My pool lasted about 3mo. but I bought another one for next year at half off. It is easy to clean by pushing the side down and I just added a bit of extra water every day to replace the water they splashed out so the water didn't need to be fully changed except one every two weeks.

Here is a pic of how I started out but I eventually put the logs upright and lined the whole side with them so they could sit on them and also keep the side fm being pushed down by the silly ducks. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Shadowhills Farm

Shadowhills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Crystal River, Fl
    Caly(something) big black greenish duck.

Cayugas??? [​IMG]

10. veronicasmom

veronicasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2009
    I always scroll down the page on Amazon and read the reviews. One of them says it rips easily. Hard to tell without seeing it. Still like my turtle sandbox pool.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by