Do You think The PO will call today?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by OmaBird, May 18, 2010.

1. OmaBird

OmaBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    CA High Desert
    I am having 4 pairs of geese shipped from Metzer Farms. I live in So CA so they are not comming far. They told me they would ship on the 17th. My PO gets two deliverys a day. The morning ones is already here and no geese yet. The next delivery is at noon. Do you think it will take two days anyway? I am just sitting waiting.

I have two pairs of Tufted Buff and two pair of Super Africans. I have only had White Chinese in the past. It's been awhile since I have had any geese. I bought Mazuri waterfowl starter. Is that a good food for geese? I have mixed my own feed but I think that was to expensive. Should I buy some greens too? I live in the desert. We planted sod this weekend to give the geese some grass to eat when they are older. We don't normaly have anything but dirt and some weeds. Nothing lush to eat.

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  2. Thamnophis

Thamnophis Out Of The Brooder

Oct 29, 2009
    I don't know how much sod you planted but I'm amazed at how large an area a few geese can over graze. My 4 adult geese keep a fenced area 60x40 grazed down to the nubbins - hardly a blade of green grass remains. I really need to rotate them or build a bigger enclosure. If the grass is well established they'll turn it into golf green perfection in short order.

3. OmaBird

May 10, 2010
    CA High Desert
    I just got my call. Ill so picks soon.

4. OmaBird

May 10, 2010
    CA High Desert
    I guess I was excited. What I wrote did not even make since. I did post pictures on another post. I do think I will fence off the grass area so I can monotor how long they are out on it. I would hate to lose it all. That was my biggest memory of my geese. Two of them to mow my huge lawn. I think it was two acres we never mowed. We have more land now but you can't keep a big area watered here. They will have lots of shade. We are building there goose house in the middle of lots of large shrubs and trees.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by