Do you think these quial eggs will hatch?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by PNE443, Mar 22, 2013.

1. PNE443

PNE443 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2013
    I have been incubating some chinese painted quail eggs in a home made incubator. They are on day 16 today of incubation. Yesterday I put the humidity up and stopped turning the eggs. I candled each of the eggs at 10 days and every one of them seemed to have a viable chick growing inside from what I could tell. I havent touched the eggs or opened the incubator since yesterday morning, just kept an eye on the humidity and temperatures and all seems to be running fine. I just wondered if there should be any signs of life or movement from the eggs or when I might expect them to hatch? I am beginning to get a little disheartened that something has gone wrong with the incubation process. Any help from anyone with experience would be greatly appreciated, thanks

2. kenazzo2000

kenazzo2000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    malta [europe]
    They should hatch after 16 days hope you have some hatch

3. James the Bald

James the Bald Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2013
    Please share some pics of the chicks when they hatch (notice my positive "vibes"). You didn't say how many eggs you have, but I was shipped 18, the mailman left my box of eggs vertically in my mailbox and 2 hatched. Be patient.

4. PNE443

Mar 6, 2013
    Thanks for the positive vibes. First one hatched today and a lot of the others have external pips or are rocking about. Phew! Was just starting to doubt myself as this is my first time hatching. So thrilled its worked! Lol Ive got 30 eggs incubating. I will post some pics tomorrow when hopefully some more have hatched :)

5. kenazzo2000

Apr 13, 2010
    malta [europe]
    Great good luck

6. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Oh, excellent! Glad to hear it. I was getting worried for you, just reading through the thread. Glad they're popping out for you. Post pics!!!

7. PNE443

Mar 6, 2013
    Sorry for the delay but here is a pic of some of the chicks that have hatched. They are very lively and just so cute!!

[​IMG]

8. PNE443

Mar 6, 2013
    I started with 30 eggs. 6 of which have hatched and another one is working its way out. 1 of the chicks died after piping through the shell. So I decided to candle and float test the rest of the eggs this morning. 1 was floating really high. 5 were jigging about in the water and the others floated in the right way to indicate a viable chick but didnt move. So I wasnt too sure what to do now with the eggs that are left? How long should I give the others to see if they hatch? They are on day 19 of incubation now and I just wondered how long I should leave the rest of the eggs before giving up? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We are so happy that any have hatched at all!

[​IMG]

9. kenazzo2000

Apr 13, 2010
    malta [europe]
    Put them against your ear you should hear them

10. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Just stick them all in. If any have gone bad, they'll probably make it through okay anyway, and won't hurt anything. If you had any that were likely to explode, they'd probably smell bad and be leaking. Better not to risk throw away any viable ones. Mark them all, though, so you'll know which you got right--it's great training for future hatches. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by