1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Do you think these three little ones are boy or girls???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dandydoodle, Jan 7, 2012.

1. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    Do you think my three little EEs are boys or girls??? Thought this might be fun to see what other people think. Hope this pics are good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JHorn91180

JHorn91180 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2011
    Northeast KY
    Buff is a hen and other 2 r roos

3. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    The darker one sure looks rooish. How old are they?

4. JHorn91180

Mar 20, 2011
    Northeast KY
    But on the other hand I have a Red Americana I got as a chcik last spring that at that age had a bigger and redder comb then any of those and thought certain it was a roo and I planned to sell it. Wasnt till right before she started laying that she started to look like a hen so could b wrong

5. dandydoodle

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    I think they are about 2 months old maybe a little older. I really should keep up with it better. [​IMG] The tan looking one is about two weeks younger then the other two.

6. sillyena

sillyena Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    Looks like the buff is a pullet and the others roo

7. dandydoodle

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    I am nervous they are all roos. That sure would be bad luck if all three EEs I hatched were roos. [​IMG] I sure hope not.

8. JHorn91180

Mar 20, 2011
    Northeast KY
    If so I would keep the light colored one. It kinda looks lavender

9. dandydoodle

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    He does look lavender. He is a Splash, so he will have a dark feather here or there. I think he is gonna be really pretty especially when his combs gets really red. ( If he is a roo) The dark one is blue. I have no idea what color the buff/ multi colored one is gonna be. The one that looks lavender had a Splash Orpington mama and a Splash Ameraucana dad. The blue one had a blue Orpington mama and a Splash Orpington dad. The other ones mama is my solid cream colored EE hen and my Splash Orpington roo. I don't know if this will help but, I thought maybe knowing what the parents look like might help.

Quote:

10. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    All roos to me. I agree if I had to pick one, the lavender fella is very nice!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by