1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Do you think this girl is a full magpie?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ket806, Dec 30, 2012.

1. ket806

ket806 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2012
    Hello everyone i was wonderingly my magpie girl would be considered a true magpie or do you think she is mixed? She is reasonably smaller in shape then my rouens but I think she may have too much black? What do y'all think? She is precious either way lol
    [​IMG]

2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    I could be wrong but I think that they are supposed to have predominantly white heads with two black patches. Also, I believe they have orange legs. But it has been awhile so I could be wrong. She is a cutie though. :clap

3. ket806

Dec 7, 2012
    That is what I thought haha. Thank you she is absolutely adorable either way

4. Valntyn

Valntyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2012
    Central Maine
    She certainly IS adorable! [​IMG]

5. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    She most likely is a Magpie but has way to much black and not enough white. Just a nice Pet Quality bird. [​IMG]

6. ket806

Dec 7, 2012
    Thank you she is adorable and a very big sweethear

7. ket806

Dec 7, 2012
    I thought she had too much black lol she is still a cutie to me lol I just got her not to long ago(for free from a friend) and she said she was a magpie(never had em before) so I googled them and she just looked like she had way too much black compared to the ones I saw. Oh well she can be my daughters duck and not be in the pure pen I'll put her with the rescues that my daughter has as pets:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by